Many Inventors trying to get their product ideas to push are totally crushed by rejection. So, I thought I would supply a list of some for the reasons you could obtain gotten discarded. It does not cover every reason you could get rejected, but hopefully as well as your something to look at.
You want realize that inventing is fundamentally a numbers gameplay! Yes, how to patent ideas you still need to get a good idea but you’ll find that it doesn’t matter how good a perception you might think it is that you may still get rejected. Many marketable ideas are rejected all time. Even if it doesn’t make sense to you that they reject an understanding that they agree would be profitable. Here are some common the logic behind why even marketable ideas are rejected.
1. The company may now have a full line of products and not trying to add alot more.
2. The product is outside their target market.
3. You sent your submission into the wrong an associate the company – don’t assume they’ll automatically send it to the correct one.
4. You sent are interested to produce unsolicited without contacting the company first to check their submission policy, in addition they rejected it solely on that basis.
5. You didn’t have proper contact information on your submission. (That is one of the greatest mistakes Inventors make. The corporation will not bother to track you alongside.)
6. Include too many similar products and that information mill flooded enough.
7. Your idea draws a very small niche market and they want mass market items.
8. Costly to manufacture versus the return on investment is too high.
9. Your sales sheet don’t WOW them and lacked consumer benefits information or was overloaded with significantly information to sort with the aid of.
10. Goods has been really patented by someone else and they don’t want to find out if they can go around it or risk infringement trouble.
11. Your product or idea isn’t better than what has already been on the actual marketplace. This tells them you didn’t research your idea very nicely and how to patent an idea don’t own a clue who your competition is that are available.
12. You sent a machine that is exactly like their current product and that current strategy is a marginal seller. So yours will not fare any better.
13. Your idea is outdated or perhaps is on the downswing compared to what is on its way out the year after.
14. They already have a better solution than yours the actual world works for release that coming yr. (This is also where Inventors may scream the company stole their idea if the company has already invested in molds, engineering, samples, etc prior to your Inventor contacting the company about their idea. Takes place a masse. Inventors forget that they aren’t the sole ones inventing.)
15. These have received a similar idea from another Inventor and are in negotiations with this Inventor.
16. A person posted your idea unprotected online inside a of those invention patent posting sites where others vote on your products to see if there is interest. Your public disclosure makes the company concerned whether any patent protection would eventually be allowed and turns it down derived from that situation.
17. You posted your unprotected idea and video of the functional prototype online and have a significant regarding hits. It can raises the concern whether any patent would be possible because of your public disclosure.
18. You stated that you should have an issued patent, however they do a quick look up your patent they identify that it has lapsed by way of non-payment of fees and it has been lapsed significantly after due marry. Making the chances of it being reinstated unlikely.
19. You have a patent, nevertheless was poorly written and does not cover the actual product. (This happens a lot)
20. It is easy to design patent and designing around your patent is a simple task, as a result they can get very little protection that can be found.
21. Sometimes the company you have approached just doesn’t from outside ideas and doesn’t publicize i don’t know. So you get a rejection letter, but won’t matter explain they just don’t look beyond the company.
22. You sent them your product but they have already decided their very own line for the year together with following year and aren’t open to taking on anything else at period.
23. Sufficiently consider items with a sales history they can review nicely item by no means been in production or sold stores or online. So they do n’t need to go ahead and take risk for being the first company to market it.
As I stated above these are just a few belonging to the reasons abdominal muscles your idea/product rejected along with a company. Really take period to plumbing service and understand your market, your put into that market and do your part to create yourself as marketable as we possibly can.